Happy Valentines Day
There was a lot of love in February. Cute custom made heart people greeted our kids on the table as they woke up. Each had a note written on the inside sharing a little love from Mom and Dad. I remember my Mom making cute little things like this and I loved it! I am trying to continue in her footsteps.
The girls were invited to a Valentines Sugar Cookie princess Tea Party with girl friends from Church. Everyone came dressed in their princess best. It was very fun.
In the picture below I laughed as I noticed the reflection in the mirror, each mother is holding a baby and snapping a picture. I tell you Mommy's make things happen and have fun doing it! We have made some wonderful talented and fun friends in The Dalles. Each girl made a gigantic cookie for their dad and herself. I think the amount of sprinkles and candy on each cookie doubled the weight. Unfortunately Josh's cookie was attacked by the cookie monster at our house (ME) before he got home from work, at least he got a small taste. (I felt kind of bad but not bad enough to stop eating his cookie, that giant heart kept getting smaller and smaller, he's an ice cream guy anyway right!?) Yes I truly have a super weakness for ANY cookie, they are not safe in my presence.
Daddy Daughter Dances and Dates
The community has an annual Daddy Daughter Dance. Marissa and Josh attended and danced all night. She is a dancer, one of her favorite songs was Gang Nam Style. Josh has a love for it too since it is full Korean. He rocks out when he hears it. I caught him passionately belting the Korean lyrics one night in bed. What can I say but. . . Oppan Gang Nam Style!!! They finished the night with a helium balloon and a treat.
These girls love their DAD!
Olivia had a Daddy Daughter date they next night. They went to Josh's office and had a snack and made pink play dough hearts. Then we all went swimming in the awesome saltwater pool. Olivia likes to make sure she has hugs and kisses from her Dad.
Josh is a loving father he has a kind nature and soft side that endears these girls to him, including me. He is a romantic at heart and constantly surprises me. He is good at keeping secrets and can be quite sneaky. And he will watch chick flicks with me. . . he would probably make me erase that last part but unless he discovers it, it gets to stay because it's true and I love it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment