Visitors from Arizona!
My Mom and Dad came to visit Tessa one week after her birth. Doesn't my Mom look awesome she lost 30 pounds!
My parents are amazing they have supported our family in every decision we have made and every challenge we have faced. Looking back over the past 10 years of our marriage I see so many ways my parents have loved and encouraged Josh and I. They were there when Josh was deployed to Iraq, they were there for each move, each graduation, each baby birth, they let us live with them. They continue to do this for our family and for each of my brothers and sisters and their families. I couldn't begin to make a list of all the ways they have shown their love to me. . . it would never be complete. My heart really fills with emotion when I think of my parents, they are what I hope to become.
If anyone ever needs an example of how a grandpa should love their grandkids look no futher than my Dad. He has each one wrapped around his finger and they each have him wrapped around their little fingers. I think this is because he just flat out loves them, he loves to make them laugh, he loves to know what they are interested in, he loves to show them things, he loves to just BE with them. My Dad will endure any and all pillows or blankets thrown on his head in a giant pile just so he can growl, tickle and laugh. It is the best noise in the world. I can't help but watch as I feel time stands still and he teaches my kids that they are loved and special to him. Notice how Marissa is resting her head on my Dad and that he willing choose to sit in the squished tiny back seat? Marissa was a particular baby she would ONLY go to certain people. This rings true to this day and now she is 4. From the time she was old enough to recognize who was holding her my Dad has been at the top of her very small "golden list". He would let her sit with him for HOURS and never suggest she go anywhere else. My Dad would swing Ty to sleep on his arm when he was a baby. I know my sisters and brothers have similar stories. I never tire of spending time with my Dad and I know it will be the same with my kids.
When my parents were here to visit and see Tessa. We visited Apple Hill and checked out the pumpkin patch. It was funny because crowds of people swarm to these farms for a chance to see pumpkins and pet a cow or run through a hay bail maze. We grew up with these things in our back yard. And I must say the kids LOVED it and I realized they haven't grown up with these things like I did. There were always cows in the field below the house and there were plenty of pumpkins that I had helped plant, weed and kill the bugs on and then harvest for fall. I want to have a garden in the future and continue growing the things I love. We had the "famous Apple pie" but I really believe my Mom's apple pie's and desserts are better :).
Here are the girls in their beautiful dresses they are perfect for twirling. Evonne added the white waist ribbon which made them even cuter. Olivia requests this dress every Sunday. She can wear it for years because she can continue wearing Marissa's when her's becomes too small. The girls dance around the front room like ballerinas they are fun to watch as they pretend and giggle.
My mom stayed for 2 weeks to help with the kids. I was so lucky. She made many treats since it was almost Halloween. I think she made 3 batches of Pumpkin cinnamon rolls with carmel frosting. Delicious! She had plenty of extra hands to help in the kitchen.
We walk to Cowan (Ty's school it's about 1/4mile) It's not a bad walk in the rain.
The rainy days in Sacramento will be short ones. We are only here for one year and then we will be off to another place and another home to find and love.
But this home has been a wonderful ones with many great times. This picture of Tessa is one of my favorite She is laying in the window of the family room listening to the rain fall only a few days old. And that is how we have spent the rainy days of Sacramento just soaking in the goodness of life. A new baby, great and loving company and sweet kids. I can only say Life is Very Very Good.
Halloween Costumes Two Fairy Princesses and a Skeleton
Three little sisters!
We love the leaves it's finally fall and Tessa is Here.

4 comments:
i love this post. congrats on the new baby. she is so pretty.
I agree- I love this post too! I can feel your joy and love for your family. I am so happy for you!
PS I love the dresses too! Did you make them?
I don't have your email address so I'll just write my response here to your comment on my blog. :) PS. Mine is jlash25 at yahoo
I can't believe you guys are going to The Dalles!!! That is where my roots are from. My ancestors came across the Oregon trail in 1853 and settled there (and Dufur). I grew up in a sub of Portland, but I did live in Dufur/The Dalles with my Grandma during my junior year in HS and during the summers as a life guard. I can answer any questions you might have of the area. So jealous you get to live there!
We're looking for anything in the West, primarily WA, ID, CO, MT or Northern AZ...somewhere with seasons. We'll find out in 3 weeks about Trev's #1 choice in WA.
BTW, do you know Camille's info? I wanted to talk to her too.
Kara you have a beautiful family. That is so great your parents came to see you and your mom was able to stay for 2 weeks. Moms are the best thing in the whole world.
Post a Comment