Friday, December 9, 2011

Waiting for the Arrival of a little sister


Swinging from trees and playing in the backyard. That what Ty loves to do while he waits.

Tiny little hands checking to see if Tessa is awake.
Sharing some good "knock knock jokes" like knock knock: who's there? Anita. Anita Who? Anita meet my sista!

Throwing the leaves we can't wait for a giant pile to jump in. . . oh and for Tessa to get here.
Playing in the leaves as they change colors

Livvy won't be the baby much longer. 
Ty is a great big brother he really helps everyone, especially Mom.

Life is a little crazy at our house and is going to get CRAZIER!
The most handsome man around! Look at that guy I love him!
Ok. . .  3 hours after taking this picture my water broke and 6 hours later at 2:47 am on October 8th  Tessa arrived weighing 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.
Happy Mommy
Tessa Kirstina Boone has her own little look. She has blue eyes and a cute little "Adams" nose like my Grandpa Chet Adams side of the family. I love that because she is named after my Grandpa Adam's mother Mettie Kirstina Hansen Adams. I remember staying the night with her when I was young because she didn't like to be alone.
Josh helped deliver just in time. Everything went well I have never had a baby during the night before they have all been in the morning to afternoon. So this was a new experience staying up all night. When we arrived at the hospital I was admitted because my water had broke. Three other women arrived at the same time in active labor. I started an IV antibiotic and got an epidural at midnight. Evonne (Mom Boone) was there the whole time watching over things and I am thankful she was, the resident doctor came in and asked how I was feeling. She told me she would be back in 2 hours to check me. As soon as the doctor left Evonne asked the nurse if she would check me because I was having some very long and hard contractions. Sure enough I was at a 10 and ready to go. Mom Boone said, "I knew you were very close but I didn't want to step on toes" She has been a labor and delivery nurse for 25 plus years and is a huge comfort and great coach to me with every birth. Each has been so different and her kindness and perceptiveness has given me relief, reassurance and courage. It's not easy to bring children into the world, but it is the most magical and joyful thing I have ever done. Ty and Olivia arrived naturally without an epidural, while Marissa and Tessa both broke my water and I was induced with an epidural. The blessing of being able to experience maternity and be a part of bringing a child to the world is quite humbling.  
Grandma Boone and Tessa
I have the most amazing in-laws which isn't surprising if you know Joshua







All Together Finally No More Waiting

Tessa is so tiny and sweet we will keep her


We enjoyed having Grandma here and loved the stories she brought and her homemade rolls and waffles.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm so happy for you!! Tessa is a beautiful name! I'm glad it was a quick delivery for you too. Congrats!

Hey, do you guys know where your going after residency? We still are trying to find jobs in the locations we want.

Savage Family Junior said...

You have a beautiful famiy!! It is so good to follow your blog and catch up with how you are doing. How are you adjusting to having four kids now??

Peck Family said...

She is so Beautiful!!! Congrats! and Merry Christmas!!

Megan said...

What a gorgeous baby - congrats! And I love that he had waiting for baby knock-knock jokes!