Josh and the kids have never been to San Fran. I have been a few times growing up. Crazy that it still has the same "feel" I remember when I was younger like being cold next to the bay as we looked at the bridge.
Ty liked the water and chased any and all seagulls or birds with a loud "ka kaaaaw ka kaaaaw" it was entertaining to watch. He even found a treasure a piece of ocean drift wood.
Marissa and Livvy spent most of their time "hiding" from the wind and saying "I'm cold Mom. . . I'm cold Dad." Luckily they found a wind blocker behind this little wall. Those expressions on their faces didn't change the entire visit with the cold wind and big bridge.
It was a gorgeous day with a little sunshine here and there.
We spent most of the day at the Exploratorium. The kids never got board we were there a good 5 hours AMAZING science and fun! I am a bit of a nerd science was and is my favorite subject still. I am still fascinated by all the laws of science.
Ty, Riss and Liv enjoyed it too. This was a mirror that went on forever the kids kept giggling dancing in it. Everything was kid friendly and touchable. There were little wooden stools everywhere so height wasn't a problem.
The rising fog caught Livvy's attention she would let it get really thick and then blow it all away again and again.
This was the room of distortion, being able to touch the ceiling is very cool when you are tiny. Josh looked like a giant.
Marissa's favorite exhibits were the one with color and light where she could dance and twirl and see all pink, purple, red, blue, yellow. .. etc. She now loves to mix colors and tell me how they change.
Optical illusions are cool this picture started looking like pulsating jelly fish after a minute or two of staring. Since the picture can't capture the real thing. I thought I would try to express my inner feelings through this stellar facial expression.
Monochrome land was like walking through that movie Pleasantville. I did love how my digital pictures turned out in this room.
Livvy couldn't figure how to get those Jelly Belly's out of the candy machine.
Ty liked making crazy monster faces with this exhibit.
Josh stopped off for a refreshing drink of water. Marissa and Ty wouldn't try a drink Livvy was all about the toilet water.
I liked the sound hall too. These Xylophones were melodious. We just couldn't get enough.
Josh and Ty sat down to listen to something and the next thing I know they were both asleep, were those magical earphones?
After our busy day of fun we headed to our hotel at the Embassy Suites and enjoyed the pool. I think the kids loved that the best. I loved the hot breakfast in the morning. The Hotel has an atrium inside with gigantic carp the kids loved feeding them.
These girls LOVE their DADDY it was nice to get him to ourselves for 5 whole days. There was alot of laughing and fun.
On our way back to Sacramento we stopped off at the Jelly Belly factory and took a tour. Did you know they make candy corns, and Fruit Gems? Those are like some of our favorite candies. It was quite the process to see how they make those delicious jelly belly beans. We had to wear these hats the whole time. FYI if a bean is misshaped it is rejected and called a jelly flop. They sell flops at a discounted price. Ty discovered that there is a line of Jelly Bellies that taste like boogers, throw-up, onion and many other disgusting flavors. .. move over Harry Potter. We all got our own bag of fresh Jelly Bellies to enjoy on the drive home. That was our weekend adventure of Fun.

2 comments:
What a fun weekend! I've only been to San Fran once, but I could see why people leave their hearts there for sure.
Glad Dr. Boone got a much deserved break!
Hi Kara! So happy to hear about your new job and your upcoming adventure! I assume you've had the baby by now? Do tell! We love and miss you guys :)
Post a Comment