Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our New Home Sweet Home

This is our new place in Sacramento. It is much larger than our previous home in San Diego. I love all the space. The owners lived here for 11 years and had small children around our kids ages. I fell in love with it the moment we stopped to look at it back in May. Our rental hunting paid off and I know that this final year of residency will go much smoother because we live here. We were definitely blessed. My parents came with us to Sacramento and hung out with our kids while we house hunted. Thank you Mom and Dad.
Ty's school is only a 5 minute walk down the street.
There are some great garden boxes and the tomato, bell pepper, pumpkin and basil plants are flourishing. They make me happy. Josh's parent's and his youngest sister helped us move from San Diego. Grandpa Boone lovingly got the garden booming before he left. Both of our parents are so very generous and supportive we love them so much and appreciate their time they give to us so willing. I had a tomato from the garden this week and it was heavenly delicious!

Grandpa Boone climbed the huge tree in the back yard and the kids climbed up with him.

There is an amazing swing set that gets used every day. The owner gave us the pink baby swing as a house warming gift she is so very kind. Ty and Marissa love to race down the slides.

There is a nice gazebo. I absolutely LOVE all the trees and the shade. The yard is so clean no mud areas or stickers. It's like a little oasis in the city. Trees make me happy.

We have a nice family room with a gas stove for the winter months. It has a big window that lets in plenty of sunlight. Light makes me happy.

The kitchen is very cute I really like the colors and all the counter space not to mention the counter aren't made of tile squares with crusty old grout that is impossible to clean. Smooth counters make me happy.

Here is the "pink" room.

Here is Ty's room the celing is painted like the night and day. Ty noticed there is a small flying saucer in the night sky. It is cool.

We also got some bunkbeds that I really like and the kids like because they can be in the same room to sleep and not have to touch each other.

Here is the front room it has a nice brick fire place.

Here is the accent wall in the front room.

There have been many forts made and summer memories. I like that the kids can run outside and enjoy the day that makes me happy!

We are liking Sacramento. Josh is getting some great training and he is working with some amazing podiatry surgeons. We have 7 weeks until our new little girl is due and life is very very good. I am happy, Josh is happy, and the kids are happy. We love and miss our family and friends but we are so very blessed in every facet of our lives.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Megan said...

That house looks amazing!! I love all the rooms! I wish we had a play set like that outside...so fun! We need some swings!

Kat M said...

What an amazing place to live! I hope your kids have SO much in that great backyard!

The bedrooms look SO fun!

kara said...

Thanks Kat and Megan. Sometimes I think if only I could scoop up this house and take it with me that would be awesome, but we will just enjoy it for the next 10 months and then find another one :)Oh well it helps me know what I really can and cannot live with.

Ashley said...

Congrats on the new house! I would give anything for a flat fenced in shady backyard...so jealous!

Kymi said...

It is beautiful!!!! Im happy your so happy! Yay to happiness. Thanks for sharing. PS. Conor would love to have that swing set in his backyard...and I'm very jealous of your GREEN grass....:).

Claire said...

i am now living with tile counters, blah! Whom ever thought that tile was awesome to put on the counters is a stinker! Your house looks absolutely lovely and I am so in love with your backyard. Trees make me happy too. Miss you

Janetta said...

Kara, it looks like the perfect spot! Thanks for sharing photos of this new chapter in your life.

Ironygirl said...

Thanks for the tour! It looks like a great place! I'm glad you're all settled in time for the new baby too! What a relief!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place!

Are you guys starting your job search for being done with residency next summer? We are in the process of contacting some jobs for more detail and getting contact info for others. We would love to know how things are going for you!