Grandma and Grandpa Johnson
The Reunion was in Show Low at Moylen's Pond or "Owens Creek side". I grew up swimming there every summer as a kid it still has the same slimy mud at the bottom and wispy grass along the side that tickles your legs. I have spent many hours floating on giant Styrofoam planks in that pond. It was fun to have Josh's Mother's family pick that as the destination point of our gathering. Grandpa Johnson is 93 years old and still very witty and fun to talk to Grandma Johnson keeps everything running and my favorite saying of hers is "Oh my stars!" Joshua wasn't able to make the reunion since we had just moved from San Diego to Sacramento. He worked some brutal 120 hour work weeks while we were gone.
Uncle Dustin Showed up during his lunch break and gave the boys a look in the trunk of his police car. They thought that was awesome but then he turned on the siren and lights and that was even cooler. Nice gun Dustin. Grandma Boone said Dustin has the perfect job he loves to drive fast and shoot guns. We all agree and it's cool.
Another fun thing we did was catch polliwogs. There were thousands of them. Liv jumped right in the water and laid down with them all she is a lover of water. Grandma Boone was great at corralling them into a cup. Marissa named hers "wiggly" and Ty brought home 5 that we kept until they mysteriously vanished one day.
Livvy watched her polliwogs for about 5 secs before releasing them back into "the wild" We made these nice white hats for the AZ sun. The girls wore theirs the whole time it was a fun craft.
I love this picture of Ty and Olivia. They are just sitting and waiting, checking out the river and deciding what to do next on a hot lazy summer reunion day.
Grandpa Boone took Ty, Marissa and Ashlyn out for a ride in the paddle boat. There werekayaks and canoes available to play in as well.
And of course Marissa was thrilled to discover a watermelon life jacket. It was just the ticket to get her in the water. I didn't get in the water being 6 1/2 months pregnant, it just wasn't calling my name. We had a great time and look forward to the next reunion in 2 years. It was nice to have some long chats with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. They always send their grand kidsand great-grand kids personalized birthday cards with $5 every year. Pretty amazing considering the size of their posterity now. They are an amazing couple. I love the gentleness and kindness Grandpa has taught his children by example. I see that in Joshua and know where it comes from Grandpa. I really love this Johnson Family they a very solid and good people. I am blessed to a part of their family.

2 comments:
What a fun reunion. You are so lucky that you have great people to admire and look up too. Makes a difference. Miss you
120 hours?! Yikes! I can't wait to hear how you like your new town and set up. One more year... :)
Post a Comment