Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Really Good Times

Where Have We Been Lately?

Josh and I just went on the most amazing trip of our lives we toured ancient ruins in the Yucatan Peninsula and spent some quality time with each other and family. I didn't think we would be able to go on this great adventure because of Josh's rotation schedule but at the last minute his Shiprock rotation fell through and he was "forced" to take his vacation month in July which happened to be perfect timing. Thanks to Josh's parents, Joseph, Laura, Michelle and the Palmers we were able to leave Ty and Riss without having anxiety the whole trip. We were gone 11 days and it was the greatest adventure I have ever been on. The first picture is of Tulum a ruin next to the Caribbean ocean it was gorgeous, we swam on the beach below and got drenched by a tropical storm. Wow those storms are furious and then they are gone the clouds are beautiful ever changing.




This is a picture of Palenque we went to huge ruins in the middle of the jungle, every place we went I tried to imagine the people who had lived there and what their lives were like. I wish I could put up more pictures to show all the details and places we explored. I will tell you it was unreal completely unlike anything I could have imagined and very humid and hot. I actually got quite tan which is rare for me. We climbed up moutains and cruised down rivers and hiked through the jungles, we even went cave tubing! We flew into Mexico and then traveled in a tour bus across the Mexican country.


Here is our group there were 38 people and our tour guides were from Pinetop Arizona the truly fun part was that all of these people are my
extended family on the Adams side. My Mom and Dad went on this trip last year and had such a great time they wanted to put together a trip so we could all come and experience it too. My grandpa who is 84 and my granna who is 82 even came and had a great time. I was cool to see the ruins that were built and dated from 400BC to 1400AD. They were fascinating just observing the sheer size of the cities. There is a possibility that some of these ruins are from the people of the Nephites and Lamanites. That was amazing in its self to see the area where the Book of Mormon stories originated. This is a big group but if you look close Josh and I are on the third row up left side. All of my brothers and sisters came with their spouses except Brittaney who had her baby the day before we came home. Needless to say we laughed a lot. Oh and sweat a lot too.


This is a a city that has been uncovered but the crazy part is that mountain on the left side of the picture probably has uncovered ruins as well. There are hundreds of cities that haven't been uncovered due to the cost and labor needed to make it happen. Josh and I loved Mexico. Josh was pretty good at speaking Spanish which meant we had plenty of delicious fruit drinks . . . we recommend the Jugo Tropical for anyone staying in Chetumal



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sankat said...

that is so great that you got to do something like that!! I too would have wondered what it was like to live in those cities in ancient times!! Oh, this is Kat from flagstaff...my email is sankat21 AT hotmail DOT come...send me an email and I will invite you to my blog.

zack&kami said...

Hey Kara,
Your blog is super cute. It was so fun talking to you. We love you guys. Tell Ty hi from Addie. She misses him.

Kymi said...

Bear! It looks like fun. I looked at your blog a couple of nights ago and I couldn't see some of the pictures, so it was good to see them now. There are a lot of people that look so different. It has been a very long time since I have seen "The Adams" Family. I miss you, what are your plans now, are you staying in Show Low. WE need to talk! I will talk to you soon. Is your cell phone still the same, I don't know if I have your new number. I will email you mine and we need to talk. Thanks for the look at your fun trip.

Shannon said...

Hi Kara, that looks like is was a awesome trip. So that would be great to see all of those ruins. And the Carribean too. I'm so glad Josh was able to go with you. What a blast to go with all of your family.

Unknown said...

Hey! I just found your blog and you little family is so cute! Looks like you guys have been having way too much fun! We have a blog also so if you send me your e-mail address I would love to send you an invite. It would be fun to keep in touch!
Hope all is well!
Brittney
aaronbrittbond@gmail.com

Brandi Jo said...

Are the first ruins Tulum? We went to Cancun about 5 years ago and had a great time. We only went to the tulum one's. Looks like you had a great time!!

Paul and Darla said...

It looks like you and Josh had a great time. I love the hat by the way. :)

The West Family said...

What a great experience to have together. That is a blessing and a memory that you will cherish forever. Brian and I leave in a few days for Mazatlan. We can hardly wait.

Brandi Jo said...

I just made my blog private. Send me an email & I'll send you an invite! Bambiejojo@cox.net

Crystal and Billy said...

Awesome, Kara! Is that first picture taken @ Tulum? Billy & I went there in March 2007. It's still my favorite trip ever. We didn't see any of the other ruins (we were just there one day before our cruise ship moved on). We'd love to go back.