Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grandma Grandpa Granna and Spooky Ooky Halloween

Happy Halloween!
Ty: Jaguar
Rissy: Princess
Livvy: Ladybug
Josh/Kara: 70's Couple
Visitors from AZ: Grandma, Grandpa, and GRANNA!


We enjoyed Ty's kindergarten Halloween Parade, when he finally spotted our special visitors he couldn't stop smiling, my mom said that smile was worth the trip. :)

Josh got off work in time to see a little parade action then we headed up to the San Diego Temple for a session. My parents and Granna had never been inside before the time together was priceless and beautiful.
The Doctor Josh works with recommended Jake's at Del Mar for my mom's Birthday Dinner. The restaurant had full glass windows facing the ocean. We arrived as the sun was setting it was gorgeous, the tables were arranged in tiers so every person had a breathtaking view. The birthday cake was outrageously delicious as was the dinner. Thanks for treating us Mom and Dad. It was perfect.
I remember my Dad reading Nursery Rhymes to me when I was little. I would fall asleep to the sound of "Jack and Jill. . . " Listening to him read to my kids put me in a "happy place" I love you Dad.
My Dad is the master Grandpa of enjoying his grandkids and having a good time. He is buried under all those pillows and spent endless time wrestling; the kids laughed and giggled and SCREAMED! I hope I am that cool when I have grandkids.
A few special smiles and squeals. Livvy thought she needed to be right in the middle.
Marissa loves to wrestle. But right now she is into stinky feet. As soon as our company arrived she asked grandma and grandpa and granna if they wanted to "smell my stinky feet?" "I'll smell yours and then you can smell mine." She said with a grin. EWWWWW Rissy!
Josh and Livvy blue eyed buddies!

We went and checked out Cabrillo National Monument and toured the lighthouse out on Point Loma. As you can see from the picture Granna got some alternative transportation because she kept feeling like she was going to blackout. Which is not like her. She is usually full blast fun and no quit. She had a Doctor's exam after returning home and she now has a pacemaker :) We are so thankful she is OK we love her so much! Luckily we will be able to visit her over the holidays.














We got a great family picture on Point Loma. Ty is wearing his skeleton shirt that he has been saving in his closet just for Halloween. Cool Ty! Marissa and Olivia liked being held by their grandma and great grandma. We love having family come visit us.





Here is our little Livvy LadyBug. The ward Halloween / Trunk or Treat was great. Josh is on the ward activities commitee so he was in charge of grilling hot dogs. I participated by submitting a picture of me from Halloweens long past. Each table had a few pictures of mystery ward members in Halloween attire there were awards for who got all the people right and who guessed the number of pumpkins in the glass jar. We had carnival games for the kids and a trunk or treat. It was really a fun activity.

Ty asked,"Grandpa are there hair doctors?" Every time I cut Ty's hair he says, "not as short and Grandpa's mom." For some reason he just can't figure out Grandpa's hair problem so he found him a solution. What do you think?

Our Happy Halloween Family.
FUN FUN FUN











It was great playing Ticket to ride just like old times. Oh how I miss playing games. My Dad won which doesn't happen very often :) Josh tied with my Mom which makes for a definite rematch over Christmas it was a close game. Granna I am so happy you came we miss being your neighbor and working and playing together.

My mom got all the kids snow hats with gloves (Brenda Helped) They loved the gifts. They wear them all the time and it's not even cold yet. These will be perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Granna also spoiled each kid with a shirt and individual bag of gummy treats. They loved every minute and everything! Thanks for the special visit, I know it made us feel very loved and richly blessed. See you all soon.

3 comments:

Ironygirl said...

What a fun visit for your family. Glad that Granna is okay! Yikes!

kara said...

Thanks Jenny! You look great!

Claire said...

What a great post Kara. I love you family picture, it is great!