Merry Christmas
We traveled to Arizona for Christmas and spent Christmas Eve with the Adams Family in Show Low. I was a great night of tradition and fun. Here we all are in our Christmas PJ's from my Mom and Dad. This year for Christmas we (the children) played the 12 Days on my parents with Christmas Letters. It was really cool to write about our memories and to thank them for all the time and love they have given to us. My Dad wrote each family a special Christmas Letter in return. Overall a Very Sweet Christmas to remember.
The Adams Family
The Boone Family on Christmas Eve by the magical Tree.
Our family has a tradition of Lining up in the hall way before we get to see what Santa brought. When I grew up my Dad always made us wait until he had showered and was dressed. There really was no point waking up a 4:00am because we couldn't go in until 8 or 9. All 7 of us kids would crawl in one bed together and talk and giggle until my dad called us. Then we would line up in age order youngest to oldest in the hall way. The anticipation was awesome!!!
So Here we are Waiting in the Hall. I love the kids faces!
Ty was excited to get CARS!!!! Lots of cars.
Rissy Loved her boots and dolls.
And the Beautiful dress from the Garcia's, she twirled and twirled and wore it for the next 4 Sundays in a row. The Princess book is now a favorite for bed time stories. I have to admit I like reading about the new adventures of the princesses too.
Livvy got a baby doll and stroller she was just excited to run around it was hard to keep her in one place.
She was focused on ripping paper see her tongue. I'm not sure where her pants went.
It wasn't a "White Christmas" but 3 days later a blizzard blew in and dumped a good 1 1/2 feet of snow with high drifts from the wind. Marissa didn't like the cold wind and only took a few steps in the snow before retreating inside. Ty on the other hand braved the snow drifts and ran like crazy. He loved it and Josh was a good sport to go right along with him. It was VERY COLD outside. Grandma Boone was working at the hospital when the blizzard came and stayed with us in Show Low one night because the roads were too slick to travel on to Snowflake. It was fun to have her for the night. It was -11 at night and 4 degrees when we left town to travel home. The roads were ice packed but began to break up as the day warmed up.



We enjoyed the vacation and especially the Family Time. Here is a picture of the Road headed toward Salt River Canyon. We saw cars flipped upside down and some abandoned in snow drifts. We made it home safely and are glad to be back.
1 comment:
Ahh, Christmas was so fun it comes and goes way to fast. We had so much fun seeing you guys and your sweet kiddo's. I love all the traditions and I loved watching Rissy twirl in her pretty dress. She is a doll. I love Livvy's snuggles, and Ty's cute laugh. I miss the Boones. We will be there soon to visit!
Post a Comment