We took Josh's last vacation week and traveled to Northern California. Our first stop was in Sacramento to find a home to rent for next year as Josh finishes his Podiatry Residency. We found a great home that will fit our need complete with a swing set in the backyard and a "pink" and "green" kids room Ty and the girls. Finding a place makes moving more manageable in my mind. My Mom and Dad flew up to Sac to help us out they watched the kids while we searched for a house. I think we all had a good time except the weather was rainy. But that didn't stop from venturing out to the pool at the hotel. We also drove to Napa valley and saw mile after mile of grape vines. It was very pretty. Thanks Mom and Dad we loved spending that time with you. The Golden Corral was a tasty stop and the Bass Pro shop was fun to check out especially since we found a tent heater for Yosemite.
After saying goodbye to our parents we headed for Yosemite valley. Our van was packed so tight when we stopped to pick up some oak fire wood we literally held it on our laps. But it was a valuable commodity.
Driving in the snow was coming down and I was debating turning around. We and our friends the Stanleys made reservations 6 months ago. (That's how popular it is to camp in Yosemite) but we didn't turn around and made it into the valley were the temperature was warmer and that night our heater was worth it's weight in gold. I think it got down to the 30's.
The next morning we saw Bridal Veil Falls and did a little hike up, we got soaked!!!
ALL of the waterfalls were GORGEOUS and running high, truly breath taking. I remember driving through here as a kid with my family on one of our many summer camping excursions. The granite cliffs are still just as magnificent. The only thing missing was the caset tape my mom got at the gift shop with great songs like "G.O.R.P." (Good Ole Raisins and Peanuts) those songs are burned into my memory. I went ahead and sang them for Josh. :)
I lost all of our little girl rubber bands at our hotel in Sacramento. Megan managed to give Marissa some cute French braids (I am a failure at french braiding sad but true) Olivia sported some nice metal clippies also provided by Megan. She bailed me out, four days of camping can really produce some nice rat nests.
It was Cold Next to all that newly melted snow pack rushing over the falls.
Here is our only group Picture Nice and Blurry but proof of the whole group. I have to say next time I'll try to pick someone with better fine motor skills.
Josh and Riss switching hat wear I think Josh got the better deal with those snugly ear flags.
One more beautiful Fall!
Megan Stanley and me. She is amazing we have had a great year in San Diego she inspired me to start running and helped me so much I will miss her.
There were Bear Boxes at our sight but the real food scavengers were the squirrels and blue jays. The kids would yell at them and chase them around the camp. They cleaned up any stray food that trickled out of chubby little fingers.
These kids are great friends they played and played this is the "warm sun train" In order from front to back is Ben, Ty, Katie, Jared, Olivia and Marissa.
And the last Fall we hiked to was Vernal Falls. It was a steep trail I was happy to move at the speed of a slow turtle aka Marissa.

Ty and Ben climbing another Huge boulder they had the time of their lives.
Ty and Ben climbing another Huge boulder they had the time of their lives.

3 comments:
Wow Kara! That looks amazing. It is so beautiful. Glad your family had a wonderful time.
we LOVE yosemite!!!! it was a huge part of my childhood and we went every summer! you guys are better than us though because we never camped, we always rented cabins. we are princesses in my family and don't rough it :)...i grew up about 5-6 hours from yosemite in Santa Clarita...it's so good to see you and your beautiful family are doing well.
What an awesome trip! I'm glad you could go and that the weather was somewhat cooperative!
Post a Comment