Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Backyard is DONE!!!!

Yeah! That is a smile of accomplishment on Josh's face, after almost 3 years in our home we completed the back yard! I keep thinking why did we wait so long? It is so nice to have grass and no dirt or mud or rocks hat track in on our shoes. Not to mention a place for a particular little boy to run. Ty loves it, I love it, Josh loves it, and even Rissa Roo loves it as long as the grass doesn't touch her toes :)
We Are SO HAPPY, Thank you to everyone who helped with the cement forms. . . leveling. . . hauling cement. . . sprinklers. . . dirt. . . backing up the truck. . . laying sod. . . fixing food having fun and pure man and woman power. We love everything!
we put woodchips along the outer fence wall which I think has a nice smell and is softer on the feet and more inviting than rock. Plus it's different, but it was recommended to put rock against the house to prevent earwig invasion. Ewe I think those are the ugliest little bugs.
Dad Mom and Tyson brought down some sandstone rocks, that are beautiful and add a touch of home.(good thing we have strong and willing muscles in this family those rocks were heavy) Ty likes to sit on this one and declare "this is a good seat" I think so too. Well we have already put the area to good use with BBQ's, tag, bubbles and motorboat. And thanks again to everybody for driving all the way out to our house we love it when you come and enjoy every visit.



12 comments:

Kymi said...

I'm so happy you are posting to your blog! Makes me feel like I talk to you way more than I do when I get to peak in on your wonderful little family. Your backyard is great! Looks like Easter was fun too! I miss you bear! Wish I could see and talk to you more!

Shannon said...

That is great you have a backyard now. I wish we had a backyard. It may take just as long for us to get ours ready as it took for you guys.

Melissa Brown said...

I am so glad you found my blog! It looks like oyu guys are busy! Your little girl is so big too. We are having a girl in July. That looks like a great backyard. We just did our too. I'm so glad we can stay in touch now!

Camille said...

Hey I tracked you down through Kymi's blog. I've been wondering where you guys ended up. It looks you are doing great and you have such a cute little family. You cna track down my blog through Kymi's. I don't have any recent pictures posted. I'm still working on that.

Maylene said...

Hey...I saw your blog link on Sandy's blog! I love your yard. That must have been a TON of work. We have been slowly doing ours for the past year. Actually, we did the whole sod thing in December. I'm so glad we don't ever have to do that again.

Ginger and Gregg said...

Cute blog! I am glad you found my blog and now we can keep in touch! Your kids are so cute. I forgot Josh was at Midwestern. My brother knows quite a few people there, so that'll be fun.
-Ginger

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Kara I like your blog. I am finding so many today thru other ward members. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list and then we can keep in touch! It's nice to see you back here for a while! Our blog is andrewandamybang.blogspot.com.

Amy O'Neill said...

Love your backyard... it is always nice to have something to look at through the windows other than dirt. You guys will be leaving again soon, right? Let me know if you need anything!

Charlene said...

Hey thanks for your comment on my blog. Your backyard looks amazing. I'm so sad to hear that you are moving, but we can definitely keep in touch through the blog. I linked your blog to mine. If you would like my address it is theolivasclan.blogspot.com. Your kids are absolutely adorable!

jenn said...

Hi Kara! It's Jenn Pearson. I found your blog because I go from one blog to another through the links that people have. Your family is adorable and I'm so glad to see you are doing well. Check out my blog if you wish! And tell Brittaney that i said hi.

Julie Clark said...

Hey Kara!
I guess you never know who you will find these days. I'm happy to see you are doing so well! Your family is so sweet. E-mail me so I have your address at azclarkfamily@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

Julie

Summer said...

It was soo nice to see you guys again on Sunday! I'm so sad you guys are going to be gone again! Your kids are adorable and I can't believe how big Marissa has gotten! She is sooo cute! Hope to see you again soon!