Sunday, March 9, 2008

Guatemala










Josh returned home from Guatemala. He had an awesome experience and was able to help many people with medical problems. The people are very poor and would come in from rural areas for treatment. He even pulled a few teeth. Yikes I didn't even know he knew how to give an IA injection let alone yank some molars! The things you can learn in a 3rd world country. He also toured the ancient ruins of Taloom, check out an active volcano and it's lava flow and visited a beautiful lake that some believe to be the waters of mormon from the BofM. For the first week the group stayed at a convent in the moutains, the nuns took care of them he said they were very nice and cooked excellent food. They called him Joswavea. Josh said the "Mother" reminded him of President Hinckley she was very compassionate, kind and had a witty sense of humor and she was very tiny only about 5 feet tall. He came home tan and smiling I'm not sure if it was because I got to see us, or because he was back in America, or because he finally got off the airplane :) He brought us all gifts. Ty got a wooden snake that he immediately started hissing at all of us, I got a beautiful black Jade necklace and earings, and Marissa got a cute hand embroidered pink dress ( that barely fit due to her extreme chunkiness). It's good to be together again but I think Josh has plans to return again in the future.

4 comments:

Kymi said...

I'm glad Josh is home, I know that you miss him. Sounds like he had a lot of fun experiences! That is fun that he gets to do things like that! I'm so glad you are doing this blog thing!

Janetta said...

"Tan and smiling", isn't that just true of all Boone boys?! They don't necessarily need a reason :o) Looks like a great experience.

Brittaney said...

Kara super job on your blog. I am going to be better. I promise. I love all your pics and fun stories of Guatamala. Love you guys

Amy O'Neill said...

Hi Kara...saw your blog on Stacie Allred's, who I saw on Kandice Alt's (confusing?)You have a cute blog! It was good to see you guys for a bit on Sunday!